Steps to Resolve

How can we help if you suspect you have Pyrite?

It is the responsibility of the property owner to prove the case of Pyrite Heave. In accordance with IS-398 this is broken into two parts.

1. Assessing Pyrite Damage

In accordance with I.S 398 part 1, the engagement of a Chartered Engineer is recommended, to undertake a Building Condition Assessment to determine the presence or absence of damage consistent with pyritic heave, and also to quantify the extent of this damage. 

What will the chartered engineer be looking for?
FAQ regarding the Building Condition Assessment Report





2. The Pyrite Resolution

In accordance with I.S 398 part 2, once damage caused as a result of pyritic heave has been identified, we will then begin talks with a contractor on the property owners behalf to remove the offending pyritic infill and return your property to the position it should have been in prior to the damage. Further, we will manage and certify the works as being in accordance with the required regulations (IS-398) and obtain all the necessary certificates from quarries, contractors etc.

How is Pyrite Heave repaired?

 Experience in Pyrite Resolution

Aidan O’Connell and Associates has been involved in inspections of this nature since the Pyrite problem first arose in Ireland, and to date have inspected upwards of 650 dwellings. We are currently involved in the remediation of 50 dwellings on an on-going basis and have successfully remediated over 500 dwellings to date.

If you would like us to assess your property why not book a survey.